PARIS TO NICE - CHAMPAGNE, BURGUNDY, THE ALPS, PROVENCE
- 9 Day / 8 Nights Tour
- 18 Passengers maximum
- Cost per person from A$4,400 Twin-share
Single Room From $4,569
PARIS TO NICE SMALL GROUP TOUR
Through Champagne, Burgundy, the Alps and Provence
PARIS TO NICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Travel through famed winegrowing regions Champagne and Burgundy
- Visit Annecy, a beautiful alpine town known for its Old Town, canals and magnificent lake
- Learn all about local cheeses (and taste them, too) with a cheese expert in the Alps
DAY 1 PARIS – REIMS – TROYES.
DAY 2 TROYES – BAYEL – TROYES.
DAY 3 TROYES – CHABLIS – BEAUNE.
DAY 4 BEAUNE.
Today we’ll spend some more time in the beating heart of the Burgundy wine region, with a visit to the Hospices de Beaune. Originally founded as a hospital for the poor by the Chancellor of Burgundy back in 1443, this unique building is now a museum – and an exceptional example of fifteenth century French architecture. (B)
DAY 5 BEAUNE – CHAMBÉRY.
After breakfast, we’ll leave Beaune behind and set our sights on Chambéry – but first, we’ll stop off at the family-owned Château de la Greffière for a delicious picnic (filled with local produce, of course). After taking in the marvellous views of the surrounding vineyards over lunch, we’ll be lucky enough to take a closer look at them on a guided tour – with an included wine tasting session to boot. (B,L)
DAY 6 CHAMBÉRY – ANNECY –CHAMBÉRY.
DAY 7 CHAMBÉRY – VERCORS – CHABRILLAN.
DAY 8 CHABRILLAN – SISTERON – FORCALQUIER.
stop of the day will be Forcalquier, where we’ll round off the evening in style: with a farewell dinner to remember. (B,D)
DAY 9 FORCALQUIER – ENTREVAUX – NICE.
- 8 nights in boutique accommodation
- Experienced Tour Leader and Driver
- Premium mini-coach transportation
- Champagne tasting session in Boursault
- Picnic lunch and wine tasting session at Château de la Greffière
- Wine tasting session in Chablis
- Learn about the local cheesemaking process and indulge in a tasting session at a fromagerie in the French Alps
- Chartreuse tasting in Savoie
- Daily European-style breakfasts (B), 2 lunches (L), 5 dinners (D)
- Entrance included to all attractions in the itinerary, including: Reims Cathedral, the Crystal Museum, the Hospices de Beaune, Sisteron Citadel