The quintessential voyage for gourmands, oenophiles, and lovers of all things French.
This picture-perfect journey blends your passion for the good life—art, culture and gastronomy—with a broad sweep of lovely French landscapes. Travel from beautiful Bordeaux and delight in the countryside of southwest France.
The quintessential voyage for gourmets, oenophiles and lovers of all things French.
15 DAYS FROM BORDEAUX TO PARIS
Explore Roman Saint-Émilion, with its astonishing Monolithic Church, and ancient Blaye, with its famous citadel. Journey through a land of noble wines, tasting the flavors of the regions as you go.
Sail the Seine from Normandy, discovering the gems of the region. Marvel at magnificent Rouen Cathedral, tour the former smugglers’ harbor in Honfleur and follow in the footsteps of Monet at his beloved Giverny. And, of course, your majestic France experience ends with an exploration of the romance and magnificence of Paris.
Enjoy the best France has to offer with Uniworld’s plethora of private excursions (including a private wine tasting of famous Médoc and Sauternes wines and an extraordinary evening tour of Bordeaux) as you cruise four rivers, visit bustling cities and charming towns and sample myriad culinary delights.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Gourmets, oenophiles and lovers of life’s finer things will savor this quintessential French voyage.
A Portrait of Majestic France is a combination of Brilliant Bordeaux and Paris & Normandy.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 14 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 14 dinners
- 2 Captain's Welcome and 2 Captain's Farewell Receptions
- 2 Welcome and 2 Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, speciality coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 12 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 14-night cruise in a Riverview stateroom on the magical S.S. Joie de Vivre and the breathtaking S.S. Bon Voyage
- Lavishly appointed Riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: France
- 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Exclusive Connoisseur Collection Program on select departures
- First-class TGV train between Bordeaux and Paris
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
THE SHIP - S.S. JOIE DE VIVRE and S.S. JOIE DE VIVRE
S.S. Joie de Vivre brings the “joy of living” to the rivers of France. Step aboard your floating pied-à-terre in France, featuring handcrafted furniture and fine antiques, original artwork, and signature accents inspired by 20th-century Parisian design from the Golden Twenties to the free-spirited Sixties, all blending seamlessly with modern conveniences.
Note: Designated suites provide triple-accommodation options. Adjoining staterooms are available; please inquire at the time of booking.