2018 ANZAC Centenary
||11 days / 10 nights
||21 April - 1 May 2018
|Cost per person:
||From A$3,868 in twin-share
- Single Supplement
Register your interest today or to secure a spot with a $300 per person.
2018 ANZAC DAY CENTENARY COMMEMORATION TOUR
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
21 April - 1 May 2018
11 Day / 10 Night tour to Paris - Amiens and Ypres
Every year, Australians make the journey to the Somme to attend the ANZAC DAY Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux.
As for France at Leisure's 2015 successful Centenary Tour, we are currently designing a similar package for a small group of Australians and covering the significant battlefield sites of the Somme and Flanders.
To see the previous tour video CLICK HERE
In WW1, Australian troops entered the trenches of France and Belgium. Three years later over 46,000 were dead.
In April 1918, the Germans threatened the vital rail hub in Amiens, in northern France, and capture the village of Villers-Bretonneux.
On the 24/25th April 1918 Australian and British troops halted the advance, and forced a German withdrawal. Amiens was saved!.
-"This boutique escorted tour is all about retracing this crucial part of European history and the ANZAC contribution and sacrifices".
Tour escort Mr. Kieran McCarthy.
Download expression of interest form (with no financial commitment)
As part of the launch of our 2018 Anzacs on the Somme Centenary Tour please follow the link to website of our tour guide , Mr Kieran McCarthy for videos and images of past tours he has conducted for France@Leisure .This website will be updated regularly on the progress of our tour , and with many other items regarding the Great War .
ITINERARY SUMMARY and highlights
- Day 1 – 21/04/18 PARIS Welcome drinks and dinner in Paris -
- Day 2 - 22/04/18 PARIS Guided Optional coach tour to Explore the charms of “The City of Light “ –
- Day 3 – 23/04/18 AMIENS To the Front ! Villers-Bretonneux , Corbie and surrounds – overnight Amiens ;
- Day 4 – 24/04/18 AMIENS North of the Somme - Albert , Pozieres , Mouquet Farm and Dernancourt – overnight Amiens ;
- Day 5 – 25/04/18 AMIENS Dawn Service – Centenary of Villers-Bretonneux – overnight Amiens ;
- Day 6 – 26/04/18 AMIENS South of the Somme – Le Hamel , Peronne, Mont St Quentin – overnight Amiens ;
- Day 7 – 27/04/18 YPRES Bullecourt, Vimy Ridge , Menin Gate – overnight Ypres ;
- Day 8 – 28/04/18 YPRES Hill 60 , Messines , Christmas Truce , Polygon Wood – overnight Ypres ;
- Day 9 – 29/04/18 YPRES Zonnebeke , Passchendaele – overnight Ypres ;
- Day 10 – 30/04/18 PARIS The Beginning and End - Fromelles , Montbrehain – overnight Paris - Farewell Dinner
Inclusions: breakfast daily - 4 Dinners and 4 Lunches
Small group of only 25 participants
For a more details on this 2018 ANZAC DAY Tour package and itinerary, contact France at Leisure by email or call Christian Blondeau on 1300 302 623.